Doraville Immigration Bond Lawyer
When Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) takes a non-citizen into custody, that person faces the frightening prospect of removal from the United States. ICE determines whether the person must stay in detention during the removal process. Some non-citizens are detained indefinitely, while others are released on their own recognizance. In some situations, immigration officers give detained non-citizens the option of paying an immigration bond to be released while their case is pending.
If ICE has detained a family member or a loved one, you are likely under a considerable amount of stress. Fortunately, an experienced Doraville immigration bond lawyer may be able to arrange a bond hearing that could get your loved one released from detention.
What is an Immigration Bond?
Immigration bonds are sums of money paid to the United States government to guarantee that non-citizens return to an immigration court for their respective hearings. These bond amounts are often rather high. Unlike most criminal proceedings where a defendant can post a percentage of their bond amount to secure release, ICE bonds need to be paid in full. In certain circumstances, a Doraville immigration bond attorney could use their knowledge and experience to re-evaluate or reduce a bond amount.
Who Qualifies for Bond Hearings?
Non-citizens in immigration detention generally have the right to ask for a bond hearing. However, not every detained foreign national qualifies for bond. If the Department of Homeland Security or ICE determines that a person is dangerous, that person is not eligible to pay an immigration bond. When calculating the value of a bond or deciding whether to release a detainee from immigration custody, judges generally consider the following factors:
- Whether the detainee poses a threat to the community
- Whether the detainee will return to court when summoned
- Whether the detainee has family in the Doraville area, particularly family with legal immigration status
- Whether the detainee has any criminal convictions or pending criminal charges
- Whether the detainee has committed any immoral acts
- The detainee’s current employment status and former employment history
- The detainee’s financial ability to pay a bond
- The detainee’s involvement in the Doraville community, such as whether they participate in local organizations
- The detainee’s immigration history, such as whether they legally entered the country
- The detainee’s eligibility for some form of immigration relief, such as a green card.
It is crucial to reach out to a qualified immigration bond lawyer at the beginning of the immigration process. An experienced Doraville advocate could help one’s family compile and present substantial evidence at a bond hearing.
Reach Out to Doraville Immigration Bond Attorney Today
Although nothing can guarantee the release of your family member or a reduction in bond amount, a Doraville immigration bond lawyer is committed to providing you with strong representation. The team of dedicated attorneys would work meticulously to prepare a compelling immigration bond case. Doraville lawyers understand how emotionally challenging the detention of a family member can be, so they would use their experience to help ensure that the bond hearing proceeds as efficiently as possible. Get in touch with the office today to see how they could assist you or your loved ones.