An experienced Tampa FL immigration lawyer can guide you through all the steps necessary to complete the immigration process. If you are already a citizen or have permanent resident status, we can help you bring other members of your family to the United States.

Immigration can be a hot-button issue in the United States. As Tampa immigration attorney, we stay informed about the changes in both immigration laws and policies, and our mission is to help our clients immigration to the U.S. legally. Learn more about how we can help you make your dream of a new life become a reality. Contact Solano Law Firm, LLC today.

Tampa FL Immigration Lawyer

Defending You Against a Deportation Order

Policies regarding immigration to the United States are more aggressive and deportation is more rigidly enforced than ever. The slightest violation can result in deportation even for those who legally reside in the U.S. If there is a deportation order against you, a Tampa FL immigration lawyer can defend you in court.

Representing You in a Deportation Appeal

If you or someone you love is deported under an immigration court order, you need legal help in appealing the decision. It is possible for a court to make a bad ruling. In such a case, a different court can review the order and possibly overturn or reverse the original decision. At Solano Law Firm, LLC, we are experts in the field of immigration law and can guide you through every step of the process.

Applying for Citizenship

If you’ve lived in the United States for at least five years and have permanent resident status, you’re eligible to apply for citizenship. The many benefits of U.S. citizenship include the ability to:

  • Help family members become citizens
  • Run for public office
  • Vote in local and national elections
  • Travel with a U.S. passport

To become a U.S. citizen, however, you must meet strict government requirements and demonstrate the following. You must show that you:

  • Have a strong moral character
  • Are at least 18 years of age
  • Have a legal green card or another form of permanent residency status
  • Have resided in the U.S. for at least five years
  • Can read, write, and speak English
  • Can pass a test about U.S. history, civics, and government
  • Will uphold the U.S. Constitution

Applying for a Green Card or Permanent Resident Status

In order to obtain permanent resident status, or receive a green card, you must have a sponsor who is a U.S. citizen, national, or a permanent resident. The sponsor must be at least age 18, as well as live in the U.S. or a U.S. territory or possession.

You, your sponsor, or a representative you designate must file a Form I-485. You’ll get an appointment to have your fingerprints and a photo taken, as well as have to provide your signature for use on official documents. A government official will interview you and may request additional information.

Adjusting Your Immigration Status

If you want to change your immigration status from a visa holder to a legal permanent resident, you are required to file other forms to the USCIS. A Tampa FL immigration lawyer can help you meet status change requirements.

Obtaining Visas for Your Family Members

If you’re a legal U.S. resident, you can help family members who want to come to the U.S. by being their sponsor. When individuals have family or friends in the United States, it’s easier for them to obtain a visa or get a green card. A Tampa FL immigration lawyer will partner with you to help you obtain several types of visas.

  • Immediate Relatives. As we already mentioned, it will be much easier for your relatives to get a visa if you live in the U.S. and have permanent citizenship rights.
  • Marriage Visas for Spouses. If you live in the U.S. and your spouse lives in another country, our attorneys will help you bring them to the U.S.
  • Fiancé Visas. If you intended to be married, you can bring your spouse to the U.S. with a Fiance visa.
  • Child Visas. When you bring your spouse or fiancé to the U.S., you can apply to bring their children over at the same time.
  • Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). A Tampa FL immigration attorney can help a woman fleeing an abusive situation in her native country apply for a visa here in the U.S.

We Provide Other Immigration Services

The attorneys at Solano Law Firm, LLC can help you with an array of other immigration services, including:

  • Bond hearings
  • Immigration waivers
  • Consular processing
  • USCIS interviews

A Tampa FL Immigration Lawyer Can Help

At Solano Law Firm, LLC, we work hard to help immigrants obtain legal residency status in the U.S. Contact a Tampa FL immigration lawyer today to learn more about how we can help you and your family achieve your goals.