Deadline Extended to July 31, 2020
Scholarship for College
Solano Law Firm is committed to supporting the immigrant community and each year, our firm grants a $1,000 scholarship to the U.S. high school senior who shows commitment and dedication to building a better future for themselves and for the Latino community. The Solano Law Firm scholarship is open to senior high school students intending to pursue a degree in an accredited U.S. college or university. This year’s scholarship will be awarded in August 2020 to students attending college in 2020.
Our Scholarship Aims to Accomplish These Goals:
- Provide financial aid to a high school student entering college or university.
- Encourage students to understand their personal motivation for pursuing a professional career.
- Inspire students to overcome challenges in their life.
- Empower and uplift the Latino community to pursue education and build a better future.
Requirements – You must be:
- A Senior in High School graduating in 2020
- A resident of Georgia, Alabama, or South Carolina
- A child of an immigrant or a DACA recipient
How To Enter: Application and Essay
- Download, print, complete and submit our application; and
- Submit a 500 – 1,000 word essay explaining what difficulties or disadvantages
you have faced in your life and how you overcame them.
Send both the application and essay to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have extended the deadline and all submissions are now due by July 31, 2020 and applications are accepted year-round. This year’s winner will be selected and notified around August 1, 2020.
Terms and Conditions
In accepting a scholarship from Solano Law Firm, it is understood that you have read and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions: If you are offered a scholarship, you must provide proof of college acceptance and enrollment before receiving any funds. Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the college or university. Your details including name, school, photograph, video and scholarship awarded may be used in the media and used by Solano Law Firm and/or partner organizations for promotional purposes, including but not limited to Solano Law Firm’s website, social media channels, print and electronic media. If you do not wish for your details to be passed on to media or used for promotional purposes, you must notify Solano Law Firm in writing.