The U.S. immigration process can be overwhelming and time-consuming. Don’t try to tackle the challenges alone. If you or a loved one are trying to immigrate to the U.S., you need a Birmingham AL immigration lawyer who can help you obtain a green card, apply for a work visa, and more. We can help you handle the paperwork and file the necessary documents both correctly and efficiently. And if you find yourself in deportation or removal proceedings, we can represent you every step of the way.

The attorneys at Solano Law Firm, LLC are proud to represent immigrants from across the world in a wide variety of immigration issues. Contact us to learn more about how we can assist you and your family.

Birmingham AL Immigration Lawyer

Removal Defense/Deportation Defense

Most people are well aware that the U.S. government has become much more aggressive in recent years deporting illegal immigrants. What you may not know is that it has also become much more aggressive in deporting legal immigrants for petty crimes that may have been related to conduct that happened many years ago. Our attorneys can help you defend yourself against a deportation or removal order.

If the court does order you or someone you love deported, it may not be the end of the line. We can help appeal the decision in the hopes of having the court reverse their ruling. Our attorneys have the experience needed to file an appeal with the courts.

Applying for Citizenship

Applying for citizenship and naturalization can be a confusing process. A Birmingham AL immigration lawyer can help you weigh the pros and cons and guide you through the system.

As a citizen, you will be able to:

  • Help others in your family become citizens;
  • Hold a public office;
  • Vote in local and federal elections;
  • And travel with U.S. passport.

First, however, you will need a visa, and then you will apply for naturalization. The naturalization process requires that you have good moral character and that you pass a background check. Other requirements include the following. You must:

  • Be at least 18 years of age or older;
  • Hold a green card or be a legal permanent resident for at least 5 years;
  • Be able to read and speak English;
  • Prove that you have a basic understand U.S. history, civics, and the operation of the U.S. government;
  • Be loyal to the precepts of the U.S. Constitution.

Applying for a Green Card

Those seeking permanent residency status must submit Form I-485. Either you or your sponsor can submit this form; it may depend on the kind of visa you have. You will then attend an appointment that involves getting your fingerprints, taking a photo, and submitting an official signature to be used on formal documents. Afterward, there may be an interview process and you might be required to submit more information to the USCIS. Your Birmingham AL immigration attorney will help you manage any issues as they occur.

Adjustment of Status

Those seeking to change their status as a visa holder to a lawful permanent resident, green card holder, or other designation will need to complete an adjustment of status process. This requires providing additional forms to the USCIS as well as being interviewed. For questions about adjusting your status, speak to a Birmingham AL immigration attorney.

Family Visas

Family members of naturalized U.S. citizens can help their loved ones apply for visas and sponsor them on the path to citizenship. Our services include the following:

  • Helping you get visas for immediate relatives. Generally speaking, it’s much easier to visas for immediate relatives than others who have no ties to the U.S. Your immigration attorney will help through this process.
  • Helping you get marriage visas. Those legally married abroad with spouses that live in another country can apply for a visa on their spouse’s behalf. Your immigration attorney can help you bring your spouse to America.
  • Visas for those who intend to be married. If your finance lives overseas and you intend on marrying them within 90 days of their coming to the U.S. you may be able to apply for a fiance visa.
  • Child visas. Those coming to the U.S. on a marriage or fiance visa can apply to have their children come over too.
  • Battered women. VAWA or The Violence Against Women Act allows victims of battery or domestic abuse to come to the U.S. on a VAWA visa.

Other Services

Solano Law Firm, LLC can also help you with:

Contact Birmingham AL Immigration Lawyer at Solano Law Firm, LLC Today

If you or your loved ones need help with your immigration journey to the U.S., please contact Solano Law Firm, LLC today. We can help you navigate the immigration system and guide you through the process.