Every year, our firm grants a $1,000 scholarship to the U.S. college student who creates the best video essay on overcoming obstacles in the immigrant community or why they want to be a lawyer.
Our Scholarship Aims To Accomplish These Goals:
- Provide financial aid to a college student
- Encourage students to understand their personal motivation for a career in the legal field
- Inspire students to pursue a career in law
- Explore the obstacles that immigrant communities face
How To Enter:
- Record a one- to two-minute video explaining obstacles that immigrant communities face or why they want to be a lawyer. Applicants should use plain English and speak honestly.
- Publish the video to your YouTube channel
- Title the video The Solano Law Firm Scholarship Contest and include this link https://solanofirm.com/scholarship-college-students/ in the description.
- Share your video on our Facebook page and on your own Facebook page.
- OR submit an 1,000 – 1,500 word essay explaining obstacles that immigrant communities face or why they want to be a lawyer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions are due by August 1st each year but applications are accepted year round. The winner will be chosen and notified in August of each year.
Terms and Conditions
You must read these Terms and Conditions in full. In accepting a scholarship from Solano Law Firm, it is understood that you have read and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
If you are offered a scholarship, your details including name, school, photograph, video and scholarship awarded may be passed on to media and used by Solano Law Firm and / or partner organisations for promotional purposes, including but not limited to Solano Law Firm’s website, social media channels, print and electronic media. If you do not wish for your details to be passed on to media or used for promotional purposes, you must notify Solano Law Firm in writing.