The United States recognizes the importance of families living in close proximity. Thus, there are channels through which families can obtain visas and sponsor family members to come to the United States. An immigration lawyer can help you obtain a family-based visa to travel to America.

We can assist you with the following family-based immigration:

  • Visas for immediate relatives – It is often easier to obtain a visa for a close family member, such as an adult child or parent. An immigration lawyer can walk you through this process.
  • Marriage visas – If you were legally married in another country and your spouse lives outside of the United States, they may be able to obtain a visa for married individuals.
  • Fiance(e) visas – If you intend to be married to a foreign national within 90 days of their arrival in the United States, then a fiancé(e) visa may work for you.
  • Child visas – If you are coming to the United States on a marriage visa, fiancé visa, or other family-based visa, your children may also be able to come with you through a child visa.
  • Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) – Victims of battery or extreme cruelty may qualify for VAWA visa on a self-petition. You can also go on to obtain a green card after your visa is final.