As immigration attorneys, it’s our mission to help those who wish to immigrate to the United States do so legally. We help immigrants through each step in the process: from applying for visas to naturalizing you as a citizen of the U.S. In addition, we help those who are already citizens or have legal permanent resident status bring their family members over to the U.S.
In cases where the U.S. government initiates a deportation order against you, we defend you in court.
At Solano Law Firm, LLC, we are proud to represent those wish to embark on the American journey of creating a new life for themselves here. Below is a list of the many services that we provide.
The U.S. government has become much more aggressive deporting those who are here illegally. They have also become more aggressive deporting those who legally reside here for minor legal infractions. If you or someone you care about is facing deportation, an Atlanta GA immigration lawyer can help you mount a defense.
If the U.S. immigration court orders you or someone you love to be deported, we can help you appeal the decision. In some cases, the courts make a bad decision. Another court will take a look at the order and reverse the ruling if it sees fit to do so. Our Atlanta GA immigration attorneys have experience in managing these situations and can represent you in every step of immigration trials.
Those who have attained permanent resident status and have lived in the U.S. for at least five years can apply for citizenship. There are several advantages of doing so. Those include the ability to:
- Help those in your family become citizens
- Run for public office
- Travel with U.S. passport
This process, however, requires that you be vetted by the U.S. government. You will need to show that you:
- Have good moral character
- Are over the age of 18
- Hold a legal green card or another form of permanent residency status
- Have resided in the U.S. for at least five years
- Can read, write, and speak in English
- Can pass a test on the basics of U.S. history, civics, and the operations of the government
- Are loyal to precepts of the U.S. Constitution
The Atlanta GA immigration lawyers at Solano Law Firm, LLC can help you with all phases of this process.
Applying for a Green Card or Permanent Resident Status
If you are seeking permanent residency status, you will be required to submit Form I-485. You or your sponsor is allowed to submit this form on your behalf or you can have a personal representative do it. The court will require that you attend an appointment where you will be fingerprinted, have a photo taken, and submit an official signature that will be used on formal documents. You will be interviewed by a government official and may be asked to submit more information to the USCIS.
You may be interested in adjusting your immigration status from a visa holder to a lawful permanent resident. This will require you to file additional forms with the USCIS. Our Atlanta, Georgia immigration attorneys can help you with this.
The family members of those with legal resident status in the U.S. can help their loved ones abroad come over by acting as a sponsor. It is generally easier for those with ties in the U.S. to file for visas and get green cards. An Atlanta GA immigration lawyer can help you obtain:
- Visas for immediate relatives It will be easier for your immediate relatives to get visas when they have a relative in the U.S. with permanent citizenship rights. Our attorneys can help you through each step of bringing your loved ones over to the U.S
- Marriage visas for spouses If you have a spouse who lives in your home country, we can help you get them a U.S. visa
- Fiance visas If there’s someone back home who you intend on marrying, you can bring them here on a fiance visa
- Child visas Those who are bringing spouses or fiances over on visas can, at the same time, apply to bring their children over as well
In addition to these, the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) allows those who were in abusive situations in their old country apply for visas here in the U.S. We can help you apply with this kind of a visa.
In addition to those mentioned above, we can help immigrants with:
Talk to an Atlanta GA Immigration Lawyer Today
Solano Law Firm, LLC helps those coming to America through each step of the immigration process. Give us a call or contact us online and we can get started today.